Welcome Blog Authors!
This page is just for you. Be sure to save/bookmark this page to your browser as we will be using this as a main hub of information for all blog authors.
ZOOM VIDEO LINK Or, use the meeting ID: 293-623-7195
MARCH + APRIL SCHEDULE
Schedule will be published no later than Friday, January 7
IMPORTANT BLOG FEATURES
Schedule a New Article:
- When you’re done writing your new article and ready for review, set the article to “PENDING” so Kristin can review
- If you can’t meet a due date, just let Kristin or Aimee know
- Articles must be original content
- Average length: 800-1000 words
- Content should be put into paragraphs; using sub-headings as needed
- Use 3-5 images per post and should be between 800px-1000px wide (if the image is bigger it can cause severe loading issues on your post).
- Within your text or as a Footer Reference, link back to resources, informational websites or if referencing an autoimmune disease, please link back to one of our Autoimmune Diseases pages. All links must open in a new tab/window.tab/window.
Featured Image Size:
All blog posts should have a square featured image. Ideally, this image is about 800x800px and less than 150 kb (a medium resolution JPG typically does the trick). Please be sure to add an “alt tag” the describes the photo.
EXAMPLE SQUARE FEATURED IMAGE
EXAMPLE “alt text” – DAY TRIPPING
To optimize for SEO, use the keyword phrase as the photos “alt text”.
Blog Post Headings:
To break up your text – use headings — we encourage H2-H6 (no H1’s!) throughout the text when adding headings, sub-headings, articles with lists, etc.
To optimize for SEO, you will want to use your keyword phrase in the heading tags, as possible.
Images Inside the Blog Post:
- You can always use your own images — and ideal especially with recipes, book reviews or how-to guides.
- Our favorite image site is Unsplash.com – here you can find royalty free images that don’t need author credit. You can also add your own images.
- Size all images to be 800px wide and display at full width/centered. Images larger than this can take a lot of hosting to load which will slow our website down.
References and Link Backs:
Siting sources and linking back to other articles is an important part of building Google SEO on our website. When you quote content or borrow an idea from someone else, be sure to add a reference link.
Ensure that all links open in a new tab. To do this, just click on the link you just created and toggle to the right to select “OPEN IN A NEW TAB“:
Blog Post: Yoast SEO Settings (OPTIONAL, but very helpful)
Below the post is the YOAST SEO SETTINGS. This section should be completed for each post.
Focus Keyphrase: Use this instructional guide to help you determine a keyword phrase from Ubersuggest.
SEO TITLE: Once you determine a keyword phrase and use that phrase to title your article, this title will automatically populate. Sometimes I add a few extra words to help describe the post. This is seen in Google search, not on the top of the single post.
SLUG: This too is automatically populated based on the article’s title – which should be the same as the keyword phrase. See below.
META DESCRIPTION: Use the keyword phrase as the first few words of this description and then add a sentence to support the article.
Blog Post Checklist:
At your request, I have added a PRE-PUBLISH CHECKLIST to every single post. You will find this in the right hand side bar OR under the Yoast section when you add a new post. This is just a general guide to help you complete the items to best optimize the blog post!
You will get a pop-up warning when you schedule to make sure you double check the list. This is at your own discretion — but truly hope it’s helpful too!
HOW TO CREATE A RECIPE POST
Step #1: Add a new block uses the “plus” sign
Step #2: Type in “recipe” in the search block
Step #3: select WPRM Recipe to add a recipe block
- March 2021: Flourish
- February 2021: Self Love
- January 2021: No Theme
- December 2020: Baby, it’s cold outside!
- November 2020: Bold
- October 2020: Simplify
- September 2020: Hope
- August 2020: Gratitude
- July 2020: Summertime
- June 2020: Staycation
- May 2020: Community
- April 2020: Spring Cleaning
- March 2020: Autoimmune Awareness
- February 2020: Kindness
- January 2020: It’s a New Day
- December 2019: Holidays Tips