Our Monthly Cooking Challenge is a fun way to celebrate the anti-inflammatory lifestyle that we’ve learned to know and love in this community. The concept of our Monthly Cooking Challenge is very simple. Each month, we choose a delicious, anti-inflammatory recipe. Then, you make it and email me a photo. At the end of the month, we randomly select one winner to receive a prize.
How to Join the Monthly Cooking Challenge
- Each month, we will choose one anti-inflammatory recipe. Sign up for our email list so you’ll know as soon as we share each month’s recipe.
- Make that recipe during the month.
- Send a picture of it to Aimee@AutoimmuneSisters.com by the end of the month. This month, the deadline is November 30!
- For a bonus entry, leave a comment on this month’s recipe blog post after you submit your photo.
- For another bonus entry, post your photo on Instagram, tagging @AutoimmuneSisters and #ASCookingChallenge.
November 2022 Cooking Challenge Prize
At the end of the month, we will randomly select a winner and post all of the photos below. This month, we’re giving away 2 Pampered Chef Stoneware Baking Pans – (Hint! You’ll need these for December’s Cooking Challenge). These pans are just the right size for a batch of homemade cookies, roasting vegetables with a little olive oil or just about anything you would use for a baking sheet. Because the unglazed cooking surface draws moisture away, everything cooks consistently and turns out light and crispy.
November’s Recipe: Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Smoothie
The November Cooking Challenge begins today with our Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Smoothie. Download our Anti-Inflammatory eBook below, gather the ingredients and come join in the fun.
This recipe is both vegan and gluten free. Plus, it’s loaded with amazing anti-inflammatory benefits.
The recipe can be found on page 3 of the eBook or click here for the recipe card on our sister site, Clean Cuisine. Recipe written by Aimee Harris Niedosik, our founder.
Turmeric Smoothie Blender + Ingredients from Amazon
- High Speed Blender – Luvele Blender with Stainless Steel Jug, Vitamix Blender
- Having a high quality blender makes all the difference. If you’re dedicated to drinking daily smoothies and using a blender to puree, make almond butter into almond milk and so much more, it’s worth investing!
- Whole Flaxseed – Bob’s Red Mill Oraganic Whole Flaxseeds
- A great source of fiber, Flaxseeds are one of nature’s richest food sources of lignans, potent antioxidants that fight free radical damage and act as phytoestrogens.
- Hemp Hearts – Manitoba Harvest Organic Hemp Hearts
- An incredible plant based source of biologically available and easily digested protein, hemp seeds also contain a healthy anti-inflammatory 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fat.
- Turmeric Root Powder – Anthony’s Organic Turmeric or Terrasoul Organic Turmeric
- Turmeric is an incredible anti-inflammatory agent for our bodies. Curcumin, the main active ingredient in turmeric is what brings out the powerful anti-inflammatory effects.
- Vanilla Extract – Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- Some vanilla extracts contain sugar and other unnecessary additional ingredients. Stick to pure organic vanilla extract.