The Perfect Smoothie Chart
Download our Perfect Smoothie Chart to your phone, iPad or computer and use this to create the perfect smoothie every single time.
Blenders + Favorite Smoothie Superfoods
Having a high quality blender is one of the most important investments that you will make while eating clean. Yes, there is a BIG difference between a classic Ninja Blender that I used for years and years, and a blender system like one of these.
The blades are stronger, the power is better and you will be much more satisfied with your smoothies, soups, pureed vegetables. You can even make your own nut butters, your own nut milks and so much more.
Our Favorite Superfoods Smoothie Staples:
Although smoothie recipes are great, we rarely stick to an exact ingredient list. We truly believe in the healing power of food, and always add in whatever we feel our body is needing on any given day. Use the key below to identify some ways to supplement your smoothie.
When adding any new superfood or adaptogen to our smoothies, we always start out small by adding just 1-2 teaspoons before arriving at the suggested serving size.
Don’t overdo it. Try out 1 or 2 of the following for a few days to see how your body reacts to the additive before adding in more.
- Organic Acai Powder – Navitas Naturals: In addition to being full of antioxidants, Acai is an incredible source of plant-based iron, calcium, fiber and vitamin A. Superfood Acai even has beneficial omega fats, including oleic acid, one of the most important fats in olive oil.
- Organic Ashwagandha Powder – Bare Organics: An effective, evidence-based remedy for anxiety, stress, and insomnia, ashwagandha also has anti-inflammatory properties. FYI: It is best to take ashwagandha in the root form (as a powder) rather than the leaf form.
- Organic Bee Pollen – Frontier Co-op: Bee pollen is a low volume high intensity superfood loaded with nutrients and is a complete protein source. It’s also an excellent source of vitamin A and also has B vitamins, magnesium, iron and zinc.
- Raw Cacao Powder – Navitas Naturals: Raw cacao is a true superfood. In addition to being one of the highest plant-based sources of iron (which is essential for hair and thyroid health)and magnesium (the most deficient mineral in the Western world), raw cacao powder has over 40 times the antioxidants of blueberries and more calcium than cow’s milk.
- Organic Camu Camu Powder – Anthony’s: The more stress your body is under, the more vitamin C your body needs. And your body doesn’t just need vitamin C to lower cortisol and fight stress, this critical antioxidant is essential for more than 300 different functions in your body.
- Organic Coconut Oil – Nutiva: Another healthy source of fat. Helps to boost good cholesterol, and can help burn fat, and calories.
- Coconut Yogurt: We love making our own, and are so impressed with how well these probiotics help our gut-health. Try this Autoimmune Sisters recipe for homemade Coconut Yogurt.
- Collagen – Native Path: Collagen powder contains numerous amino acids and is rich in L-lysine (an amino acid) and other amino acids including L-arginine. Several studies, one randomized of more than one hundred subjects who supplemented with the amino acids L-lysine combined with L-arginine showed that the combination reduced salivary cortisol levels as well as anxiety.
- Organic Ginger Powder – Anthony’s: We use ginger for its incredible therapeutic and antioxidant properties: it maintains normal blood circulation, remedies motion sickness, improves absorption of essential nutrients, prevents colds and flu’s.
- Organic Whole Flaxseed – Bob’s Red Mill: A great source of fiber, Flaxseeds are one of nature’s richest food sources of lignans, potent antioxidants that fight free radical damage and act as phytoestrogens.
- Organic Goji Powder – Sunfood: One of the richest sources of antioxidants on the planet, Goji berries (and goji powder) are a powerhouse of nutrition and a great source of vitamin A, vitamin C, more than 20 trace minerals and vitamins such as zinc and iron as well as anti-inflammatory phytonutrients.
- Organic Hemp Hearts – Manitoba: An incredible plant based source of biologically available and easily digested protein, hemp seeds also contain a healthy anti-inflammatory 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fat.
- Organic Maca Powder – Nativas Naturals: From insomnia to low energy, hot flashes to vaginal dryness and low libido, and even anxiety and depression, maca has consistently been shown to help women (and men!) with an array of bothersome hormonal symptoms.
- Organic Matcha Powder – Navitas Naturals: One of the major health benefits of matcha is that it delivers a mega dose of antioxidants in every sip. In fact, matcha is packed with exponentially more antioxidants than just about any other superfood.
- Organic Pomegranate Powder – Navitas Naturals: This powder is raw and made from whole pomegranate fruit that is freeze-dried to protect the flavor and nutrients. The powder delivers the super high vitamin C content and abundance of potent antioxidants (including polyphenols and anthocyanins) that you would get from fresh pomegranate.
- Organic Spirulina Powder – Anthony’s: With a balanced concentration and full spectrum of a vast array of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and phytonutrients, the health benefits of spirulina are pretty mind-blowing.
- Organic Tumeric Root Powder – Anthony’s: Turmeric is an incredible anti-inflammatory agent for our bodies. Curcumin, the main active ingredient in turmeric is what brings out the powerful anti-inflammatory effects and acts like a strong antioxidant.