A recipe for a Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Smoothie? I cannot say enough about this delicious treat! Smoothies leave you satiated, full of nutrients, and free from common food allergens. Plus, it tastes like a shake, without the funky, not-so-healthy, ingredients!
How to Make the Perfect Recipe for a Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Smoothie
This recipe for a chocolate peanut butter banana protein smoothie is something I have been modifying for years until landing on this delicious, rich, winner. Dairy free, anti-inflammatory, and free of the most common food allergens, this smoothie is perfect for breakfast, dessert, or any full meal. You know those nights where nothing sounds good? This is my go-to every. single. time.
I’m telling you that chocolate and peanut butter can be healthier than you think! While this smoothie isn’t going to win a gold medal as healthiest smoothie ever made, it’s still full of protein and more natural ingredients. Honestly, I can’t get enough! Anything with chocolate and peanut butter and I am there. What I love about this protein smoothie recipe is that it can be completely tweaked to your liking. If you don’t care for the protein powder, swap it out for your favorite. If you don’t want to use chocolate chunks, leave them out. Although, you are seriously missing out!
Plus, the ingredients pack a serious nutrient punch without losing that “dessert” twist. The best way to enjoy this decadence is immediately after blending to get that frozen, treat feel.
Simple Modifications to Make this Recipe Your Own!
There are many modifications you can make on how to make this chocolate peanut butter banana protein smoothie that adapt to your diet or allergies. If you’re not into protein powder, I’ve used oats or avocado in its place. I haven’t tried this with a lot of other liquid options, but I know you can make this with almond, coconut, oat, and/or any of your favorite milk or dairy-free beverage options. Trying another substitute for this smoothie recipe? Tell us in the comments!
Recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Smoothie
- 1 Cup Chocolate Dairy-Free Milk My favorite is either Silk Dark Chocolate Almond Milk or Trader Joe's Non-Dairy Chocolate Oat Milk
- 1-2 Cup(s) Ice Cubes
- 2 Scoops Chocolate Protein Powder My favorite is Olly brand – recommended to me by a nutritionist for not having all the nasty, fake junk other protein powders are chock-full of!
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Peanut Butter Powder I usually buy organic peanut butter or almond powder
- 1 Whole Frozen Banana Key for creaminess and frozen feel!
- ¼ Cup Dark Chocolate Chunks My favorite are the mega chunks from Enjoy Life or HU Gems, but you can also use cacao nibs!
- 2 Tbsp Collagen Peptides *if you use unflavored, you won't even taste this! (I like to use Vital Proteins brand)
- Pour all ingredients into blender
- Blend until properly liquified – no chunks
- Pour into tall glass, enjoy immediately!
Love this Recipe? Try a Few Other Autoimmune Sister Favorites:
- “Golden Milk” Recipe – a healthy drink to make every morning with all kinds of good effects.
- Best Summer Salad – quick and easy summer salad allows you to customize with your favorite veggies!
- Simple Ways to Use Protein & Collagen Powders – drinks and snacks to baked goods and hot meals, including protein powder and/or collagen peptides to your meal plan is a simple way to increase your food’s nutritional value and receive extra health perks to boot.