Castleman Disease – Castleman disease is a rare autoimmune disease where the body has an overgrowth of cells in the lymph nodes. It is most common that castleman disease affects just a single lymph node, which is referred to as Unicentric Castleman Disease. The disease typically is in the chest or abdomen.
Castleman Disease Symptoms
- Enlarged Liver or Spleen
- Night Sweats
- A single enlarged lymph node
- Multiple enlarged lymph nodes on a single region
- Unintended Weight Loss
Unicentric Castleman Disease
Multicentric Castleman Disease
Castleman Disease Treatment
- Lymphatic drainage for prevention and treatment.
- Focusing on targeting viruses, bacteria, parasites, toxins and other micro-organisms that could be infecting the Lymph node and causing abnormal cell growth is also
- Surgery is an option if the growth persists and can not be remedied.
Natural Anti-septics & Anti-Parasitics: To combat any microorganism or parasite that could be contributing to the inflammation and abnormal growth of the Lymphatic tissue.
- Mimosa Pudica
- Pumpkin seeds (pumpkin seed tea can be especially effective)
- Manuka honey
- Tea tree
- Olive leaf extract
- Raw garlic
- Pau d’arco
- Oil of oregano
Detoxification: Your lymphatic system is your drainage system and a major part of your immune system. It filters through toxins, pathogens etc. in order to kill or neutralize them, to keep you safe. Toxic accumulation can add up quickly from simple everyday exposures. These toxins and/or pathogens, can quickly overwhelm the liver and lymphatic system causing reactions, affecting the movement of fluid and the cells of the lymphatic system, leading to infection and disease. Working to “unclog” them is step one. There are many herbs and foods that can promote lymphatic drainage, as well as infrared saunas, dry brushing and movement/ exercise as your lymphatic fluid relies on the movement of you skeletal muscles to keep it moving. Opening up the eliminatory and drainage pathways is the first step to all detoxification, because if these systems are clogged and you begin pulling toxins from the tissues it can create a further “back up”, overwhelming your organs, spilling into your blood stream and creating more symptoms. Focus on making sure your bowels are moving, supporting lymphatic drainage, and supporting the liver and then slowly begin detoxification.
Nutritional Therapy: The diet can be a powerful tool to help de-load or unclog the Lymphatic system and the detoxification organs. The diet can also be a major source of toxic accumulation that could be heavily contributing to the overwhelming pressure placed on the lymphatic tissues. Working with a holistic nutritionist to eliminate toxic exposures in both the diet and lifestyle and to promote drainage, detoxification and to use food to combat any microorganisms that could be contributing to the problem is a great option.
Nutrients for Fighting parasites:
- Probiotics (70% of the immune system is located in the gut so restoring microbiome balance is important and helps combat microorganisms)
- Selenium and other antioxidants combats oxidation and damage to tissues, and strongly influences inflammation and immune responses.
- Vitamin A (aids in the regulation of the immune system, and modulates lymphocyte activation and proliferation etc.)
- Quercetin (abundant dietary flavonoid that has strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, among anti-allergic, anti-viral and anti-histamine properties)
- Omega 3 fatty acids (important inflammation and immune system modulators)
- Fibre (keeps bowels moving)
- Glycine (regulates inflammation and improves enterocyte function in the intestinal tract)
- Zinc (promotes enzymatic processes and is important for the development of neutrophils, natural killer cells, macrophages… among other cells of the lymphatic and immune system)
- May be referred to a surgeon
- Medication to shrink the lymph node if surgery is impossible
- Immunotherapy, Chemotherapy, Corticosteroids, Antiviral Drugs
- Blood Tests
- Urine Tests
- Imaging Tests
- Lymph Node Biopsy
- Muscle Testing
- Biofeedback Analysis: a natural health screening method
- Live Blood Analysis