These coconut paleo date bars are one of my favorite treats to prepare. The coconut and dates in the recipe make for a tasty combination that will leave your sweet tooth pretty satisfied. The result? A fudgy, tasty treat that’s perfect for when you are craving something sweet.
All you’ll need are these 8 ingredients:
- Raw Cacao
- Coconut butter
- Oil, Coconut
- Coconut shavings
- Almond butter
- Vanilla essence
Are dates a healthy sweet alternative?
Dates are a great ingredient to incorporate into your paleo diet, but due to their high fructose content moderation is key. They are naturally sweet and high in nutrients, minerals, and insoluble fiber.
Some people may find it hard to digest fructose, which could lead to some of the following symptoms: diarrhea, gas, and stomach pain.
Looking for substitutes for cacao in your recipes?
Carob powder is a great alternative to cacao and tastes just as good! When I started the Autoimmune Paleo (AIP) diet I used it often as a substitute as I weaned off of my sugar addiction. Feel free to use it in this coconut paleo date bars recipe if you are looking to try an alternative.
If you love this coconut paleo date bars recipe then you might also like my Carob Banana Bread Recipe which you will find on my blog.
If you looking for something to pair these with you can try this Paleo Hot Cocoa.
Coconut Paleo Date Bars Recipe
- 2 Cups Pitted Dates
- 0.5 Cup Raisins
- 0.5 Cup Raw Cacao Powder or Carob Powder
- 0.5 Cup Organic Coconut Butter
- 1/3 Cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 0.5 Cup Organic Shredded Coconut
- 2 TBSP Almond Butter
- 1 TSP Vanilla Essence
- Start by placing all your pitted dates into a bowl, cover them in hot water so they can soften for a few minutes.
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients and blend until well combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, transfer the mixture into a paper-lined dish.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares and refrigerate in a sealed container for up to a week. You could also freeze them for even longer.