Recipe for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread – I cannot say enough about this Recipe for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread. The bread will literally melt in your mouth. Plus, it tastes like cake, without the funky, not-so-healthy, ingredients!
How to Make a Perfect Recipe for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
This Recipe for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is a modified from a Rachl Mansfield recipe. But, over time I’ve made this recipe my own and to be honest, I think it is better too. A chunk of this Pumpkin Bread is perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a late-night snack. Plus, this recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free and has no added sugars or refined sugars.
Yes, More Pumpkin!
I know, I know. More pumpkin. But honestly, I can’t get enough! Any pumpkin recipe and I am there. What I love about this particular recipe is that it can be completely tweaked to your liking. If you don’t care for the protein powder, swap it out for flaxseed meal. If you don’t want to use chocolate chunks, leave them out. Although, you are seriously missing out.
Plus, the ingredients pack a serious nutrient punch without losing that “treat” feel. After cooling, keep the bread in the refrigerator for up to 4-6 days. The best way to enjoy this decadence is with a fork, after about 45 seconds in the microwave.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- ¼ cup liquid coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey *buy local honey if you can – helps with environmental allergies!
- ¾ cup organic pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce *or you can sub this for 3 eggs or 3 flax eggs (sometimes I do half eggs, half applesauce)
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp collagen peptides *if you use unflavored, you won't even taste this! I like to use Vital Proteins brand, but there are many options out there
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop plant-based protein powder *I like the Olly Vanilla Plant-Based powder – recommended to me by a nutrition for not having all the nasty, fake junk that other protein powders are chock-full of!
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks *I swear by the Hu Gems – perfect for baking and snacking!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease loaf pan with coconut oil
- Mix together until combined: coconut oil, honey, pumpkin puree, and applesauce (or eggs)
- Add in: flours, collagen peptides, baking powder, protein powder, and cinnamon
- Fold in dark chocolate chunks and pour into loaf pan (*Optional but highly recommend: sprinkle additional dark chocolate chunks on top)
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean
Simple Modifications to Make this Recipe Your Own!
There are many modifications you can make on how to make chocolate chip pumpkin bread that adapts to your diet or allergies. If you’re not into eggs, I’ve used unsweetened, all-natural applesauce before, or you can make flax eggs as a substitute. I haven’t tried this with a lot of other flours, but I know you can make this with almond, coconut, and/or all-purpose flour. Trying another substitute for this pumpkin recipe? Tell us in the comments!