Banana, Chocolate Chip, and Sunflower Seed butter Cookies.
(Small batch baking.)
I’m a low maintenance gal on a budget. When I do splurge my energy, it’s for FLAVOR and SATISFACTION.
Rummage through your pantries, sisters! All you need are 7 ingredients.
I am committed to making a pleasant meal experience for the whole family, and that includes you! The time & energy for prepping, eating, and cleaning is what I envision when creating a new recipe. Anyone with autoimmune diseases or autoimmune disorders often have low energy or a lot of mental fog. THIS IS FOR YOU! I am here for you. I am one of you.
Every recipe can adapt to your specific need. Do you have rheumatoid arthritis or type 1 diabetes? Cut the carbs by using almond flour & use sugar free chocolate. Do you struggle with hashimoto’s thyroiditis or celiac’s disease? Skip the gluten flours and use less added sugars or substitute for xylitol. Or crohn’s disease? Switch up the sunbutter for peanut butter. (Did I miss your disease? Leave me a note in the comments! I’d love to find an affordable and suitable substitute for you!) A lot of diseases overlap with food avoidance. So it’s easier to find solutions together as a community.
Banana Chocolate Chip Sunbutter Cookies
- 1/2 cup Sunbutter Or any nut butter of choice!
- 1 egg or 1/4 coconut oil (any oil of choice, except olive oil. It will make it rubbery and not a pleasant texture.)
- 1 banana more brown = sweeter the taste
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup or coconut sugar (OPTIONAL) For a little sweeter taste.
- 1/4 cup flour I used Bob's Red Mill GF Cup for Cup Flour, feel free to use ANY flour to make it grain free. It is just to thicken up the sunbutter.
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt OMIT if you have a salty nut butter.
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips I prefer Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels, any sugar free dark chocolate is a great contrast to the sweet banana.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Line baking sheet with wax paper or something to prevent it from sticking. (I use a reusable silicone mat.)
- Mash banana, egg, and and Sunbutter together.
- Stir flour, and baking soda together.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients. See my video below for the next couple steps.(Learn from my mistakes! Do it separately first!)
- Fold in chocolate chips. (I do this last in order to minimize chunks of flour in the previous mixing process.)
- Bake for 10 minutes.(If you don't believe in preheating, probably 12 minutes. But try to believe in preheating!)
- It will naturally look golden brown, so look for how firm the cookie looks. Take them a little underbaked for that soft and gooey center.
- Allow to cool for a minute, if you can stand it. I always pop one in my mouth the second it isn't scorching hot. (If it cools too much you can microwave it for 5-8 seconds to warm it up.)
Banana, sunflower seed butter, and chocolate chips are also my favorite pancake toppings. So if you’re too done with life to bake, just put it on a flapjack or waffle. DONEZO.
Are you excited? Let me know in the comments below! I would love to help you adjust the recipe in any way to tailor to your health needs.
Join me HERE for more low maintenance + allergy friendly food ideas.
Leave a Comment