Nourishing your body while living with a chronic illness is extremely important, but it is not always easy. This Fresh & Easy Spring Quinoa Salad Recipe is perfect for meal prepping and a great option for bringing to your next spring and summer BBQ.
This recipe is extremely versatile and can be used as a meal on its own, as a topper for green salads, or as a side dish for dinners. This Fresh & Easy Spring Quinoa Salad Recipe is easy to make and can be kept in the fridge for 3-4 days to enjoy throughout the week.
Even better? This recipe is easy to modify to suit your needs and can be mixed up in many ways. Try modifying this dish with different seasonal fruits/vegetables, the addition of nuts/ dried fruits, seasoning or spices, or by adding some extra protein like chicken. Use this recipe as a base to modify throughout the year depending on what you are loving at the moment.
With the use of a simple light dressing, this Fresh & Easy Spring Quinoa Salad Recipe allows the fruits and vegetables to pop without overpowering them. The addition of feta cheese adds contrast to the light and crisp apple and cucumber to provide an explosion of flavors with every bite.
One of my favorite ways to enjoy this salad is on top of a bed of green lettuce, topped with shredded chicken. This lunch provides a balance of greens, protein, and carbs which will keep you full for hours.
Quinoa is high in fiber and several vitamins and minerals that most people lack in their diets. The fiber in quinoa can also help with cholesterol and blood sugar levels, lowering your risk of diabetes and heart disease. Enjoying Quinoa regularly can help you meet your needs for magnesium, potassium, iron, fiber, and folate. Quinoa is also an excellent super-grain and a great addition to anyone’s diet!
Fresh & Easy Spring Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 Cucumber, cubed
- 1 cup Carrots, shredded
- 2 Apples, cubed
- 2 Pears, cubed
- 1/2 cup Feta (or vegan Feta)
- 1 cup Chickpeas (optional)
- 2 parts Lemon Juice
- 1 part Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cook Quinoa based on your package instructions (make sure to thoroughly rinse Quinoa before cooking.) Once cooked, let cool in the fridge.
- In a large bowl, combine the Cucumber, Carrots, Apples, and Pears. Add Feta and Chickpeas as desired.
- Once Quinoa is cooled, add to the large bowl and toss with dressing until thoroughly coated.
- This recipe keeps well in the fridge for about 4-5 days.
- I will frequently make double the Quinoa needed and freeze half to use for another batch of the salad or other meals during the week.
Looking for more Quinoa Salad options?
Check out these options…