Here’s the thing about hummus – you can add pretty much anything to its base to get a variety of different flavors and nutrients. One of our favorites, this creamy ranch hummus, is such an easy snack or side dish. My go-to dippers are carrots, bell peppers, celery, and pretzels, but you can make this snack your own with your favorite “dip vehicle.”
Not only delicious, but what can you expect from a nutritional standpoint with this creamy ranch hummus? I’m not a vegetarian but not a huge meat eater either, so hummus and it’s plant-based protein is a great option for a snack that satisfies. Additionally, hummus gives you fiber, anti-inflammatory properties, heart-healthy ingredients, and a low-glycemic index food.
This creamy ranch hummus recipe is also extremely easy to modify! Dairy-free? Use dairy-free yogurt or cashew cream as a swap. Looking for an extra kick? Add your favorite pepper or spice to the rest of the ingredient list and take it up a notch.
Creamy Ranch Hummus
- 2 15oz cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup plain coconut yogurt
- 2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Throw chickpeas, yogurt, dill, garlic, onion, salt, parsley and lemon juice in food processor. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in olive oil and serve!
- Keep in a sealed container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Love this Recipe? Check out our other favorites:
- Simple Ways to Add More Protein to Your Diet – Learn about easy ways to get more protein with powders and collagen!
- How to Make Energy Bites – Quick, easy and delicious, learn how to make energy bites!
- The Best Summer Salad – Easy summer salad makes for a delicious option for anyone with dietary restrictions.